Saturday 16 January 2010

Rimmel London 60 Seconds 'Green With Envy' and I Heart Lasting Finish 'Sunshine'

I'm not normally one for gimmicks like 'dries in 60 seconds!!' or 'has real lycra in it!' or whatever, but these were on sale when I got them, for their colour rather than anything else.



 

The drying in 60 seconds thing is more annoying than anything- it just means it starts drying as soon as you put it on and makes it hard to get a nice even coat without it thickening up and going lumpy. And who paints their nails in a rush anyway?

The 'pro-cision brush' was just a normal brush, so I don't know what the fuss is about there. No complaints but it wasn't like 'ohhh my god this brush is totally pro-cision to tha maxx!'.

The yellow one, 'Sunshine' (what an original name for a yellow item) doesn't have the same 60 seconds thing, so it's not as annoying in the build-up respect, but as it's such a pale colour, it is hard to get it to go opaque. In the photos below, my index and middle fingers have a base coat of white on them, my ring finger is two coats of just the yellow, and my little finger is just one coat of the yellow, to give you an idea of what the polish on it's own looks like. I think the two coats on it's own actually looks ok, but it really pops with a coat of white underneath.



1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to get that Green With Envy for a while now. Not sure why it's called that since it's not green at all. But great post. <3

    ReplyDelete